ASC in Austria
German Language and European Studies
The University of Vienna Sommerhochschule offers a four week program of intensive German language courses in the afternoon and European Studies courses in the morning.
- German language courses are offered at four different levels of proficiency. German language courses last four weeks
- The European Studies courses are held in English and focus on Europe and the European Union. They cover political, economic and legal, but also historical and cultural aspects of the multiple transportations Europe is currently going through. European Studies courses last two weeks.
Language courses will count as equivalent to German courses offered at ASC depending on the placement level at univie: summer school. Applicable elective courses will count as courses for a German major or minor, or as elective.
- Each German language course is worth 6 ECTS (3 US credits)
- Each European Studies course is worth 4 ECTS (2 US credits)
The univie: summer school is located near Salzburg, in the Salzkammergut region, one of Austria's most attractive summer vacation areas.
July 18 - August 15, 2020
|CGL Award Application
|Intent to Study Abroad & program application form
|Notification of acceptance in the program
|Notification of CGL award recipients
|Program fees due to ASC
- Tuition: $ 2,350 (including $150 administrative fee)
- Room & Board: $ 1,700
- Flight: $ 1,600*
- Personal expenses: $ 500*
Please note that students are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and payments for the international flights, as well as for ground transportation to Univie: Summer School
CANCELLATION & REFUND
Cancellations received on or before April 30 will entitle to a refund minus the deposit of € 400.
Cancellations received between May 1 and May 31 will entitle to a refund of 75% of the program fee.
Cancellations received between June 1 and June 30 will entitle to a refund of 50% of the program fee.
Cancellations received between July 1 and one day before the start of the program will entitle to a refund of 25% of the program fee.
For cancellations received after the program has begun no refund can be made.
All cancellations must be received in writing.
For more information about the program, please contact your study abroad advisor or the German Department at Agnes Scott College.